Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Base3d a simple c++ library

Base3d lib C++

GitHub https://github.com/coreyauger/cpp_base3d_lib

Overview

This is a small and simple base 3d library written in C++. You would be crazy to write your own 3d library in todays world… However there are still a number of applications for using a compact 3d library to learn from or implement application specific problems.

This code was written a while back but used in a number of 3d applications during my time in University. I have decided to share it in the hopes that someone could find it as useful as I once did.

Example projects

Collision Detection Project

This project I designed a large "ball" course that I let serve as a demonstration of the physics I wrote. This was a super fun project and ended up working very well.

demo 1

Water Simulation

This was a really fun project to work on. The main idea for the movement of the water came from one of my favorite sites on the net: The good-looking textured light-sourced bouncy fun smart and stretchy page

demo 1

Radiosity

Dividing each face of our scene into light-map texel regions, we are going to perform a gathering type of radiosity solution. First by using GL to render the scene from the perspective of a texel into a hemi-cubed texture map, we solve the visibility problem. More info here

demo 1

No comments:

Post a Comment